Scripture: John 17:1-5, 20-24
Sermon: “That They May Be One”
Principles of Identity:
1. We hear a special calling to make visible the unity of all Christians.
2. We continue to struggle with how God’s love may be known to others in different ways.
- There’s a Wideness in God’s Mercy (CH 73)
- We’re United in Jesus (Somos Uno) (CH 493)*
- They’ll Know We Are Christians (CH 494)
Invitation Hymn: Day by Day (CH 599)
Communion Hymn: One Bread, One Body (CH 393)
*This Sunday, we will try something new: the “Passing of the Peace” will take place during the Gathering Music, after “We’re United in Jesus” and before “They’ll Know We are Christians.” Welcome & Announcements will take place at their usual time, without the Passing of the Peace.